Aromatic hydrocarbons are a series of organic molecules that form flat ring-shaped bonds. Aromatic hydrocarbon C9/C10/C12 resins are conventionally named because they are defined by the number of carbon monomers in the chemical.
Aromatic hydrocarbons have a distinctive aromatic odour and a typical Gardner colour of 6 – 10 (dark yellow to dark brown).
They are insoluble in water, low alcohols and ketones, however are soluble in aliphatic hydrocarbons and chlorinated hydrocarbon solvents.
- Aeromatic Solvent C-9 (A) (Yellow)
- Aeromatic Solvent C-9 (B) (White)
- As an adhesives printing inks, sealants, polychoroprene rubber, concrete curing compounds, anti-drying agents and paints.
- As a pressure sensitive adhesive, hot-melt adhesive and synthetic rubber.
- Within the printing industry, the petroleum resin will increase water resistance, solvent consumption and resistance to dry.
- The end user markets for this product are the paints, coatings and rubber industries.